The Great Callasian War rages across the lands. You need to choose a faction and awake the legendary heroes to lead your armies and destroy enemy forces! Follow the story of the factions in single-player campaign missions, or test friendships in online multiplayer with an original simultaneous turn-based system. Fight your way to the top of the leaderboard, and dominate the fantasy world of Callasia!
Legends of Callasia is one of the nominees of the 1st IMGA SEA developed by Boomzap Entertainment.
What makes your game unique?
Legends of Callasia is inspired by hardcore PC games like Civilization, Crusader Kings, and Heroes of Might & Magic, and tabletop games such as Risk. Though heavily influenced by several games, Legends of Callasia is definitely unique in many aspects.
1) It has a simultaneous turn-based multiplayer mechanic, which removes the tedium of hotseat style gaming. Players don’t have to wait for each other to make their turns. Instead, they can plan their moves and watch them resolve all at the same time. This adds another layer of strategy in predicting other players’ moves.
2) The game packs a ton of strategic depth in terms of hero selection, unit combinations, factions, and cards, but in shorter play sessions. Unlike classic strategy games which takes almost a day up to a week to complete, a game of Legends of Callasia can be completed in one to two hours. It is unlike any other strategy game on mobile, which are usually based on “who clicks faster” or “who bought more.”
3) The diplomacy system allows for alliances and betrayal, and paves the way for a meta game wherein you have to be careful about who you team up with, if they can be fully trusted or will end up backstabbing you later on.
4) There is no clear winner until the very end of a game. The tides of battle can be turned with a single card, or a well-planned maneuver by an opponent.
5) It attracts both competitive gamers, who fight to reach the top of the leaderboard and be the best, or casual players, who play it with friends like a board game and have fun.
Why do you think you will win the Grand Prix this year?
Legends of Callasia is the actualization of a dream. After several years in the industry making games for publishers, we are finally making a game that we’ve always wanted to make. It was built with an internally-developed cross-platform C++ game engine by a small team spread out across Southeast Asia – Japan, Singapore, Philippines, and Malaysia. All of the visuals are hand-drawn and digitally painted, and the music is composed by our own sound designer. It has a unique simultaneous gameplay mechanic, captures a niche of strategy gamers, and is able to attract casual players who didn’t know they could enjoy playing strategy games. It is easy to pick up and learn, but with packs a lot of strategic depth. We’ve also chosen a business model that we believe is most player-friendly. It has a free demo which includes starter single-player levels and unlimited playtime in multiplayer. A one-time payment unlocks the full version with all the content (campaigns, maps, heroes) for all platforms. Almost everyone who has tried Legends of Callasia enjoyed playing it and loved our business model, and winning the Grand Prix would let us share this labor of love and bring fun and enjoyment to more players.
Discover more games at